Thursday, July 28, 2011

Medical Attention

Can I just say that I am tired of medical attention? Seems like lately there has been a lot of that kind of attention directed at this house. I realize it could always be worse, and that the things we've had going on are rather trivial comparatively speaking. We so often take our health for granted, and I do regularly thank God for our health. It's such a precious thing. It's weeks like this that remind me just how precious of a blessing that our health is to us. Some people are not so fortunate.

Just 3 1/2 months ago Kris had his back surgery. He is over that surgery, and is doing good. Praise God for getting him out of the pain he was in.

Last week was a visit for me to an eyelid specialist to get a birthmark of mine checked again. It was biopsied about 10 years ago, and it grew back....so guess what they wanted to do to it again??? Biopsy it! Yep. That consisted of 2 shots in the lower eyelid,lots of numbing drops...and a few swipes of the knife...and walla--cost me $330!



  • Monday Karsen had a routine dental appointment, which would have been no big deal, had I not had a kidney stone attack on the way to Hattiesburg. However, we did learn that he needed 2 fillings, which I scheduled for this Thursday, so as it would not interfere with school....which starts next week. (FIRST doctor's appointment we made in Hattiesburg that day.)



  • Immediately after the dentist appointment, I went straight to my family doctor....in a real fit of anguish. Thank goodness he gave me a shot for pain to take the edge off. (SECOND Doctor's appointment of the day.)



  • Then, he sent me directly back to Hattiesburg for a visit to the urologist....and some tests, of which I am afraid to see the price tag! (THIRD Doctor's appointment of the day & SECOND trip to Hattiesburg for the day....but who's counting?)



  • There, we find out that I need surgery the next day to remove the stone. (That'll be the FOURTH doctor's encounter of the week...and it's only TUESDAY! Whew!)



  • And bright and early this morning, we made our return visit to the dentist for Karsen to get his 2 fillings. Boy, was he an awesome patient. He sniffed the silly gas, in bubble gum flavor of course! He even got 2 numbing shots, which he still is NOT aware of....and I plan to keep it that way. I really have to brag on him...he didn't act scared even once! Poor lil fella, he wanted a red Icee afterwards, and it ran all down his shirt because his mouth was too numb to keep it in. He quickly figured it out though. (In case you're still counting, that's the FIFTH doctor's encounter of the week.)
So, here we are at home, trying to recooperate from this week we've had! I think it's naptime now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment