
This week, Kris and & I celebrated our 8th anniversary! Well, with the week we've had, we didn't actually celebrate it :( That's why I'm glad we went away for the weekend a few weeks ago for that purpose. I started back to work full time this week for the first time in 2 years-since I've had Kooper. My first day of work was actually on our anniversary.
I am so thankful for Kris and the father that he is to our children. He is definitely a KEEPER! One that I know will be there for me at the end of the day....even if we've had an arguement! I'm thankful that we both have that "stick it out" attitude about our relationship--whatever the problem, whatever the low point, whatever the misunderstanding.....we know at the end of the day we will always handle it together. I am so very thankful for that.
I am so thankful that Kris is such a hard worker. His work ethic is so strong, and I am so proud of him for that.
Kris is so patient with our boys. So much more so than I am....I can't believe I just put that down for people to see :) He always, always sits them down and explains the reasons of why or what he is doing with them.
And, this week, has been a rough one for us in the whole scheme of adjusting and transitioning to a new lifestyle. Of course it would be MUCH, MUCH easier if the boys were actually liking daycare. Poor Kooper is going to have an ulcer if he doesn't calm down. He is dreaming of not liking school, every time we get in the car or I get him dressed, he starts whining about not wanting to go to school. IT IS BAD....even the workers say so. It just breaks my heart. But, Kris had been a rock for me, encouraging me that things will get better.
We have had a great marriage so far....I guess we have officially survived the "7 year itch" that I have heard about! For scrapbook sake, I am going to list the milestones we have accomplished since being married:
Married 8/2/2003
1st appartment 8/2003
I graduated from MUW 12/2003
1st real job 12/2003
Purchased 1st new vehicle 5/ 2004
Kris graduated from MSU 5/2004
Kris began doctoral program and began working for MSU 8/2004
Purchased 1st home 7/2005
Survived a miscarriage 4/2006
Karsen was born 5/2007
Kris had knee surgery 9/2007
Kris got a M.S. degree somewhere along the way
Kooper was born and Kris started @ Neel Schaffer, Inc.-Columbus Office 2/2009
Moved back to Laurel, and transferred to Laurel NSI 5/2009
Began construction on our 2nd house together 7/2009
Sold our 1st home and I enrolled for some graduate classes at WCU 8/2009
Moved into our 2nd home 11/2009
Kris had back surgery 4/2011
I began teaching 8/2011
I thank God for our many blessings! It has been a wonderful 8 years, and I cannot wait for more to come.


No comments:
Post a Comment