Thursday, July 7, 2011

Water Fun (Vacation Pt.1)

This year for vacation, we decided at the last minute to go to Wilderness Resort & Lodge in Sevierville, TN with my parents. It was a great resort that had 3 sections of water park to it. There were shuttle buses that took you to and from the different areas. We stayed up by the Salamander Springs part....that was the park for the younger age kids. There were things for the tiny ones to do...all the way up to things I would rather not get on! Slides, wave pools, swimming areas, water swings, surfing areas...it had it all. We had a great time! I have to say this is one vacation that I feel like we got to do a lot of FUN things....or the boys did...and we had the joy of watching them have a blast!

The boys got to go down one slide together!

Karsen really got into the water slides. He was even tall enough to do some of the big slides with the adults....He. Loved. It!


Mr. Kooper loved the big slides too. They would let him go down the larger slides on a double tube with an adult. One day, I bet we went up and down those stairs 20 times in a row. Every time he came out of the tunnel, he'd say "I want to go again!"


Karsen seemed to like the wave pool....Kooper, not so much!

We even had fun in the water in Cades Cove. This was one of my favorite things....watching the boys play in the water there. They loved throwing rocks into the water and watching the splashes. It was so peaceful....except for the time Kooper threw the rock and hit Karsen in the head! Ouch.

Karsen even got to watch a deer grazing around the stream he was playing in.


I know I've said it, and I guess you can tell by the pics...this was my favorite part...watching my boys playing in the stream.


Ripley's Aquarium in the Smokies was great! I think it was better than Aquarium of the America's in NOLA. Of course, the highlight for Karsen and Kooper was seeing Nemo and Dori in the tank! It's really them, you know ;)

We always have fun in the bathtub at home....and we found out that it is just as fun on vacation too!








No comments:

Post a Comment