Thursday, March 31, 2011

Little Boys

It has been so busy around our house. Last week was just crazy. Kris woke up on Monday in such terrible pain with his back. I ended up calling the doctor in Jackson to get his appointment moved up a week and a half. They called us at 9:15 and said to be in Jackson at 11:30. So, we made a dashing trip to Jackson that took all day long. Thanks to Mimi & Pappaw Sumrall, who are livesavers, who kept the boys on a moment's notice-literally! After a 2nd MRI, some waiting, and lots of pondering, Kris will be having back surgery in Jackson on Tuesday, April 5th. So, we have a big few weeks ahead of us. It has much quieter around the house this week. Thank goodness! After baby Luke's 1st Birthday party a few weeks ago, the boys enjoyed the sunshine at Nanny & Pappaw's play pool. .....while Daddy did a few "fix-it's" for Nanny & Pappaw.
Later that weekend, Daddy got a turkey. I think this and the "fix-it's" he did over the weekend were the culprits for getting his back in such a bind that Monday. They really weren't strenuous tasks: climbing a ladder, and walking through the woods with heavy boots on. After his hunt, he couldn't even take his boots off he was hurting so bad. I had to pull & yank until I was able to get them off for him :(
This little guy is always up to something...involving guns, knives, and hunting! Lately, he has been in the habit of stuffing things into his underwear. I sure hope he grows out of this!

Our little meteorologist let us know to expect rain this week.....We'll call him "Curly."
Poor fella, he was putting a puzzle together in the living room, and I looked down and found him asleep with the puzzle piece still in his hand. And yes...it was about 1:00pm, and he is still in his PJs. Just one of those days!
Karsen LOVES to shave. He told me he needed to shave in case we went to church Thursday night or Friday morning??? Okay! He can justify anything!


Well, we hope to have a great weekend, getting all of our honey-do's wrapped up before we tackle the next few weeks. Kris should be out of work for 2 weeks and cannot pick up anything for 6 weeks! That will be tough with 2 little boys who want to play with their daddy!

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying! If I can do anything for you, let me know. BTW, the underwear picture is hysterical! And I'm pretty sure he'll outgrow this phase ;)

    ReplyDelete