So, I am running around like crazy this morning trying to pack myself and Kris for Jackson, and the boys for CC’s house. Kris will have surgery on his back tomorrow morning at Baptist Hospital….and this weather is causing added stress with being on the road and away from the boys.
After hearing lots of horror stories and allowing sinful fears to creep into our hearts and minds, we are anxious and nervous about the surgery to say the least. I mean, we are dealing with the back, spinal cord, lots of nerves that have an effect on your whole body...you can just imagine some of the negative outcomes we have heard from others. I know Kris is in great hands with the neurosurgeon who will be performing the surgery, but Dr. Stringer is only human. He is fallible.
My peace is in knowing that he is ultimately in the hands of the Great Physician. I have often found comfort in Romans 8:28..."And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." However, our preacher reminded us a few Sundays ago that if we are doubting this promise...then our god isn't big enough! He made a great point: Your personal estimate of how big God is in your life determines how big He actually is in your life!--If you underestimate God and do not truly believe in his promises, then you are cutting yourself short in claiming all of His wonderful promises.
I feel like Kris and my faith has been struggling, to say the least, when it comes to this surgery being successful….like we didn’t have enough faith that God would relieve Kris of his pain. But God has a way of speaking to us, and I love it when He does it in a way that we are certain He meant the words to be heard by us! Brother Tim preached on FAITH today. He said that it can stand for Forsaking All I Trust Him. It is man’s responsibility as a Christian to have faith in God. We don’t have to have great faith, just a little faith….faith as small as a mustard seed, and He will bless that (Matthew 17:20). He has given everyone a measure of faith (Romans 12:3). I am thankful that we have a loving Father to walk with us and for us, and, I am comforted in knowing that God is everywhere, in all things, that He has His hand in this situation, and that He will bless even those of little faith!
No comments:
Post a Comment