After a long night of sickness, I woke up and called my mother to take me to the doctor. I thought that I was sick from sinuses. We dropped the boys off by Mimi & Pappaw Sumrall's house. Long story short, I believe now that it was probably the dreaded stomach bug! I have got to be the WORST patient when it comes to that. When I was little and someone in my family was sick, I would shut myself up in my room and not come out until everyone was well. I literally get so upset when someone is sick like that. It is a near death experience in my book! But, it is times like this that I am so thankful that we were able to move back to Laurel close to friends & family, a/k/a HELP IN TIMES OF NEED. If it weren't for my mom, Mimi & Pappaw Sumrall, and Mrs. Lea's help, I don't know what I would have done! It's so good to be able to share the good times, fun times, eventful times, uneventful times, and the bad times with family and friends that love you! So glad to be home....
Friday, January 21, 2011
Glad to be Home
I have a habit for taking too many pictures, but when it comes to your own kids, is there really any such thing? So, if you get tired of looking at so many pictures, just don't look ;)
Karsen loves to play dress up lately. Nana Lea bought him this police outfit, and he is one tough officer!
He is also starting to want to "help" momma a lot! I am very appreciative and thankful that he has a heart to want to help, but I have come to realize that it only makes my chores take even longer. But hey, it's the fact that he really is sincere about wanting to help that is what counts isn't it?
Karsen has gotten to go hunting with his dad and his Gramps a few times this season. He thinks he is one big man! All this hunting leads to such creative talk....ie. Karsen:"Momma, the other day I shot a 45 point!" Me: "Really!?!?" Karsen: "Yeah, his horns were so big they were sticking out over the top of those trees right there!" (which were very, very tall pines). Well, Kooper cannot be outdone, so he starts with his own tall tales. Here are a few of his most favorite ones.... Kooper: " I saw a unicorn, stuck in a tree." or "I saw a green dragon." or "I saw a jaguar."
Karsen helping after the rabbit hunt!
Kooper enjoyed the rabbit hunt too!
They seem to love to color these days....well, Kooper does for just about 30 seconds!
After a long day with no nap, this is the way I found Mr. Kooper about 45 minutes before we were supposed to be at church...you can imagine the fight when I had to wake him up!
Kooper hates brushing his teeth just like his big brother Karsen did at his age. Kris is much more patient than I am with getting him to cooperate. I resort to the headlock after just a few minutes of trying peacefully. Hey--whatever it takes to not have the dental problems that Karsen has had already.
He was actually cooperating for Kris this night, saying "Cheese" and "Ahhhhh."
Karsen & Kyle's girlfriend, Ashley, came to visit the boys this past Friday night. Karsen was so excited about her coming. He kept asking me to call her and see if she was really on her way! Twenty minutes was just way too much of a test of his patience! He hung out by the door forever, and then camped out in the front bedroom window awaiting her arrival. When she arrived, he was decked out in his doctor gear that CC & Gramps got him for Christmas. After a thorough exam, and a few shots, I think he decided she was going to make it! We love you Ashley!
I don't know why Kooper feels the need to sport this grin so often lately, but I kinda think it's cute!
Karsen's favorite meal of all time: Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal, Eggos Cinammon Toast Waffles, Sausage, and SYRUP! He dips & dunks everything in the syrup, even the oatmeal! I know that is terrible, and I am working on that addiction. It is a constant struggle for us to find things that he will eat! He asked me this morning "Why can't I just drink the syrup?"
I love to watch Kooper try to figure things out....like trying to hook this "goose neck camper" up to the red work truck! And yes...they do use those terms!
My parents gave me this "Lightsey" sign for Christmas. I picked it up from the frame shop Tuesday. Karsen, Kooper & I took a short trip to Hattiesburg to pick it up. We also ran by Target and picked out our cousin, Layla, a happy for having to have sugery this week. Then, we went to Chick-Fil-A for lunch, and to let the kids play. I had to carry Kooper out as he screamed "I don't wanna weave, mama!" I was really embarrassed, but I was asking for it. It was naptime! Later that evening, we went to Charlie's Catfish with the Lightsey clan to celebrate Nanny's 77th birthday! She is such a precious lady, and I am so thankful that Kris has all of his grandparents to share and celebrate life with. They are all such blessings to us. When we got home, Kris hung my "Lightsey" frame for me, along with a few family pictures....and that is where it all went downhill!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I could NEVER get tired of seeing pictures of these sweet boys! I loved every single one! The hunting stories are hilarious... such imaginations! B hated to brush her teeth for a while too. And I am drooling over the Lightsey frame. It is fabulous! Glad you are better :)
ReplyDelete