Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend!

We had a great Mother's Day weekend! Kris made me feel so special this year ;) Friday afternoon he got home around 1:00pm and told me that he had made plans for us to go to dinner & a movie in Hattiesburg....we never do both in one night anymore! We saw Something Borrowed and then ate at Olive Garden...which he never agrees to! And, I do believe he said at the end of dinner: "This may be my new favorite place to eat!" Oh my!!!

Saturday night I got up in the middle of the night and he noticed I was awake...he immediately told me Happy Mother's Day in a way that I felt like he was just dying to tell me! So sweet! Then, he and Karsen brought me my Mother's Day cards in bed Sunday morning. Kris never fails in writing the most personal, heart-felt notes inside his cards....Really. Like to the point that I feel like a fumbling fool when I sit down to write inside his cards :)

We all went to church Sunday morning, and we had big plans for Sunday afternoon. We were eating at his sister's for his side of the family's Mother's Day get-together, and then at our house for my side later that afternoon. In between the gatherings, he left to "go get something at his office." When he came back, he had a patio set in the back of his truck that he had gotten me for Mother's Day & my birthday. We got to spend a wonderful day together as a family. I am so thankful for my boys, Kris, and our parents. We are blessed beyond measure.




Addie Lee swinging at Keri's house Sunday after church.

Big Boy luke chillin in the bouncy seat!

Jaylen doing acrobatics!


Saturday afternoon I talked Kris into us getting the big bouncy jump & slide out for the kids to try before Karsen's bday party. I didnt get it up until around 7:30, and it was a bit chilly, but the kids were to excited to not turn the water on. This is Kooper saying "BBBBrrrrrrr!"




Karsen kept telling us this was the best thing EVER!



Kooper held his own climbing the rock wall and sliding with the big kids!



We asked Jaylen & Kaden to come help us break it in. I think they all loved it...although I didn't know Kaden was running a fever and sick the whole time he was "having a blast!" :(






I think this will be a good purchase....it just has to warm up a bit. The only downside is that it will not fit back into the storage bag it came in...imagine that!



And....happy birthday to my sister-in-law Brandie! We took this to her at work on Cinco de Mayo!



















1 comment:

  1. What a special Mother's Day! Kris and the boys are so blessed to have you :) This is so sweet- you deserve it. I suppose this means we will be coming over to play on this thing (and see your new furniture)??? Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete