If you made it to the end of this blog, Congratulations! I'm sure I have bored to you to death by now with my plant info. But, flowers brighten my day. I love the time of year when things bloom and get pretty...now, I'm off to take some Zyrtec :)
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Flowers make me Happy
I love the spring time when everything is starting to bloom, and I'm able to go buy plants to brighten things up. I really have no clue about plants, but I listen and half-way take in all the things other people tell about what to plant, where to plant and how to plant. I guess Kris and I have become quite the "planters" lately. We've planted 5 Bradford Pear trees, 2 large Live Oaks, 1 Japanese Maple, 2 Bruce plum trees, 4 rose bushes, several transplanted water oak trees, 3 bulbs that we are not sure what they are or if they will ever emerge from the ground, and countless potted plants. Needless to say, my watering rounds each day take quite a while!
Weird....something about plants on this side of the house are so very much smaller than the ones on the other side of the house (crepe myrtles, lorapedlems (sp?), and the golden abelias (sp?). It is very noticable. I guess maybe it has to do with the sun? Or the soil? Who knows?
I have two large beds of petunias, which I think are absoutely BEAUTIFUL! What's even better is that they came back up from last year, which I did not think they would do.
I got a great deal on these pots at Kroger, of all places! But, I can't manage to get the price stickers off of them :(
This may look a little funny. I got this fire pit for Christmas and used it, then for a late Christmas present, I got an even larger fire pit. Since we wouldn't be using two at the same time, we drilled holes in the bottom and made a planter bed out of it.
This may look a little funny too! This thing (the name escapes me at this time) belongs to my mother. We borrowed it to use at the church at Christmas for A Night in Bethlehem. On the way home, it broke. It's been sitting around as an eyesore ever since. I tried very hard to load it on the golf cart to take to the garbage a few weeks ago, but to no avail. It is very heavy! So, when I came home with plants that needed a home, I decided it may make a good home for part-sun plants. We will see, so far, so good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment